Test lab situation that is driving me nutty...

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:06:51 -0400

Hello all,

   I have setup a test lab to practice upgrading my NT 4.0 domain to AD.  I
have a single Exchange 5.5 box with about  200 accounts setup and it is
passing mail around great since the install.  I have also installed the
first Exchange 2003 server into the 5.5 organization.  I can create mailbox
enabled accounts and pass mail back and forth to users on both servers with
no issues.

   The Active Directory Connection Tool is giving no errors and the Active
Directory Connector is working fine...  My problem is that I can not migrate
the Mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to the 2003 server...
   When I try, the logs indicate the following 'The Exchange 5.5 mailbox
exists for the user, however directory replication has not completed.'

I am able to view both servers through the Exchange 5.5 administrator and in
Exchange Admin.  All changes I make replicate almost immediately.  Any
ideas?  I have googled and searched Microsoft support for the error and
suggestions.  Microsoft recommended a KB article that trouble shoots
replication through ADC's in Exchange 2003 and 5.5 migration scenarios.  All
tests passed.

One last thing, I have logged in as the AD Root administrator and the
Exchange 5.5 Service Account and the error happens when logged in as either
(I gave the AD Root admin permissions in the Exchange 5.5 organization).

Any ideas so I can actually get this up and running?

Thanks,
Chris