RE: Temporarily disabling user access during migration

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:07:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> Block port 25 on your firewall during testing. You can enable for the IP
> addresses you want to test with, and then open it up completely when you
> are finished.

This won't stop POP3 or OWA and will also prevent our own testing of
selected users.  Ideally I would like to disable all but a few users, but
at the same time I do not want to prevent users from logging into the
domain period, because they have all kinds of other activities (other than
accessing their Exchange email) for which they need to be able to log into
the domain.  I just want to lock all but a few users out of the Exchange
server temporarily for a few hours or a day.

best regards
Mike