RE: Temporarily disabling user access during migration

  • From: "Andy David" <adavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:26:08 -0500

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288894 for MAPI
clients.

-----Original Message-----
From: A. M. Salim [mailto:msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 5:07 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Temporarily disabling user access during
migration

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi all,

I am migrating a few hubdred users from one exchange server to another
over the coming weekend and the process is expected to take many hours
because of the size of the PST files.

What are your suggestions on ensring that users are not able to access
the Exchange server during this 2-day period (we will tell them not to
access the server but of course, there will always be those few users
who will get in there anyway of they find the exchange server is
available).  At the same time we want to be able to complete the Exmerge
import of the PST files, and do some testing with a handful of selected
users so that they can connect via Outlook, check their profiles,
mailboxes, folders etc., also OWA, so simply disconnecting the exchange
server from the network is not feasible.

Any suggstions or best practices for this situation?

TIA!

Mike

http://www.ntfaxfaq.com