TXT FILES

  • From: "seabass" <denisedorrance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:17:33 -0400

Is there any way I can delete a whole email without passing it on to
it's intended recipient based on whether or not it contains a txt file.

I get several emails a day from users saying that the received a strange
email containing ATT00000.txt. These files are coming from the firewall
saying that the original attachment was deleted due to unsafe content. I
somehow want to delete the whole email if it contains one of these files
without delivering.

I'm using Exchange 5.5 and Norton Antivirus Enterprise Edition version
8.0. Will be upgrading to Exchange 2003 in the near future if that helps
any.