[ExchangeList] SystemMailbox object with blank "Exchange Mailbox Store" attribute in ADUC

  • From: "Andrew McHale" <Andrew.McHale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:54:44 -0000

Hi all,

In the Microsoft Exchange System Objects container within ADUC I have
two SystemMailbox objects. One has a mailbox reference in the 'Exchange
Mailbox Store' column but one is blank.

The GUID of the object with an associated mailbox is the same as the
GUID of the SystemMailbox within Exchange System Manager. We only have
one mailbox store and one public folder store within our domain.

I found this MS article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274534) when
googling the problem which says to delete SystemMailbox objects with
blank 'Exchange Mailbox Store' attributes. However, I am not getting the
errors described in the article, and am not running Exchange 2000
(domain is fully Server 2003 with Exchange 2003).

Should I delete the blank SystemMailbox object or is there something
else I should be doing?

Thanks in advanced for all help given

Andrew