System mailbox account

  • From: "Simon Bound" <simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 05:49:25 -0600

I have an W2003k + E2003k setup and was called out when a Veritas backup
failed unable to backup System mailbox account - did not exist. In
Exchange Manger the System Mailbox was there but "red". In an attempt to
reconnect it I ran cleanup agent and it advised me that the box would be
deleted in 29 days. I tried a reconnectbut was unable to locate the object
(NT Authority) wo assign it to. The panic has now  started ! How can I
"get back" the System mailbox. I tried a restore from tape but a restore
told me I didn't have the rights to do this. If I leave it until the 29
days will E2003K recreate the mailbox for System mailbox and all will then
be ok ?  There does not seem to be any problems with the system as it is
at present. The backup last night did the necessary cleanup/defrag of the
stores ok.

ANY help would be appreciated.