System State Restore

  • From: "Farhan Ahmed Khan \(ITG\)" <farhank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:59:58 +0500

We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000, I am restoring my
system state backup to a new machine. I need to know some points.

when I restore to a new windows 2000 machine it asks for where I restore

-          Original Location

-          Alternate Location

-          Single Folder

What is the best option to choose?

Secondly it asks for

When restoring files that already exist?

-          Do not replace the files on my disk

-          Replace the file on disk only if it is older then the backup

-          Always replace the file on disk

What is the best option to choose?

What we are trying to do is - restore the backup to a new machine and
upgrade to Server 2003.