System Attendant using 100% CPU

  • From: "Mike Dufoe" <dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Support" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:17:36 -0400

Running Windows 2000 Server SP3, Exchange 2000 Server SP3 on same DC.

About every 8-10 hours, our System Attendant (MAD.EXE) uses 100% of the CPU,
then we get the following Event ID's in the Application log which fills this
log within seconds.

Event -  ID 8031
Source - MSEXCHANGE AL
Category - LDAP Operations

Unable to open LDAP session on directory 'name of server.com' using port 389.
Directory returned the LDAP error [0x50] other.

We''ve ran the update for MSBLAST.
Virus Software is currently updated.

When this happens, our Exchange services are running but nobody can connect to
it.

Anyone have this issue before as I have been searching everywhere and can't
find a real solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike Dufoe
System Administrator
ETI Canada Inc.
350 Dupont Road
North Bay, ON
P1B 8K2
705-472-1300 ext.346
dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ó¿Õ Who's Watching Your Network? Ó¿Õ
The information contained in this message may be confidential or protected from
use or disclosure by law. Any distribution, unauthorized use or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender and delete the email.