RE: Switching between 2 signatures

  • From: "Chris Nielsen" <cnielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:10:29 -0600

Not an Exchange question, but what the hey, I'll promulgate it.

I recently worked trying to figure out the best way to manage signatures in
Outlook XP with Word as my email editor. Word doesn't let you insert a
signature from the Insert menu (unless you just browse to the file under
your profile\application data where they're buried deep). I wanted to be
able to have no signature as my default, but be able to insert any of my
various signatures when the need arose (I wear a lot of hats at work).

I found the best solution was to create a default signature that was either
just a dash (-) or my first name (-Chris). This is easy to delete if I want
no signature (which I've found I really never do want) or I can just
right-click it and choose any of my other configured signatures.

-Chris