Switching Boxes

  • From: "Mike" <mbramlett032@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:24:25 -0700

I have 5.5 installed on 2 machines; same site; same DNS. A third machine
is the DNS controller and PDC.
I want to get rid of machine #1, which hosts 5.5 and is the primary
exchange server; replace it with a new box.  Since machine #2 is also
running, can I just get rid of machine #1; build new machine - bring it
back up with same I/P and same exchange server name- and be back in
business with exchange?

I really want to get rid of the exchange server from box#1; and replace it
with a new box (computer)- is the above the easiest way to do it = as far
as exchange is concerned?