[ExchangeList] Supporting two different mail servers on the same domain

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:00:16 -0400

Can anybody give me some incite on how to make this work.

I have an exchange server that answers/sends mail for mydomain.com where
addresses are in the format user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wish to add a new mail server (iis smtp) specifically as a lsoft
listserver where that machine sends/answers mail in the format
user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How do I make it so that @list.mydomain.com addressed mail never goes to
the exchange server and vice-versa.

Thanks in advance

Confidentiality Notice

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.   Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.   If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately and delete this message from
your system.