RE: Stupid Question

  • From: "Lockwood,Scott" <slockwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:23:55 -0600

Then basically no.  That would be a bad idea.  If you were just moving it
into a system where the components were mostly the same, it wouldn't be that
hard.  You could try deleting all the motherboard resources, drive
controllers, etc. and pluging it into the new hardware, seeing what it does
- have drivers handy.  I'd ghost the drive first so you have a good backup.
This method has worked for me in the past with Win 98 and 98SE, I have never
tried it with 2k, and frankly think the chances of it working are slim, the
preferred method here would certainly be to build the second machine from
scratch and migrate all your data over.