RE: Stupid Question

  • From: "Carroll, Ellen" <ecarroll@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:49:45 -0600

In Outlook 2000, you can configure custom synchronizations by opening Tools,
Options, Mail Services, Offline Folder settings, Quick Synchronization.  You
could configure one that would synch only the Outbox or only Outbox and
Inbox.  Configure Outlook to allow the user to choose whether to connect or
work offline.  When he is ready to send the email, he should open Outlook
offline, connect via the VPN and then choose Synchronize, this folder.  If
he connects online, it will take forever as it will initially synch the view
and then he will still have to go through the process of synching the
folders to his hard drive.
I know this feature is also available in 2002 but since we aren't using it,
I can't tell you exactly how to get there.  Hope this helps.  We have people
travel internationally so we have done quite a bit of experimenting.
Ellen K. Carroll, MCSE, MCSA
Network Systems Analyst

Diamond V
838 1st St. NW