Stupid Question

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <ELanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:45:54 -0800

I can't seem to find the Q article on this, so thought I toss it to the
list.

We are on E2K and Outlook 2002 w/SP2.  One of my users wants to have a
copy of his mailbox on his local disk (laptop) so he can send and reply
to emails while on a plane.  Then when he gets to his destination,
connect via a VPN connection to the office and send those emails.  He
has a HUGE mailbox (over 2GB) so my thinking is that Outlook will try to
replicate the mailbox over the 56K link, taking forever.  Does anyone
know of a good way to give him what he is asking for?