[ExchangeList] Re: Stupid Question

  • From: Sarbjit Singh Gill <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:27:58 -0400

This maybe a little more than you expect but please start monitoring your
Exchange environment and recording events and logs etc.

Use System Center Ops Manager 2007 or System Center Essentials if yours is a
small network. Put in Exchange management pack. One of the cool feature is
Synthetic Transactions.

For example the Mail flow Synthetic Transactions would basically a test
email is sent periodically to test email functionality. There are two rules
for this monitoring. The first rule is an internal Mail flow connectivity
and the other rule is the external Mail flow connectivity monitoring.

/Sarbjit

#3 is what can I do about this to reassure people they get their mail? Can
an email be sent to 2 different servers at the same time? Or is the backup
exchange just for if the main server is down?

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Dan

Dean, Ringers, Morgan & Lawton, P.A.

Daniel A. Crain

Systems Administrator

201 E. Pine Street, Suite 1200

Orlando, FL 32801

(407) 422-4310

DanC@xxxxxxxxxxxx

www.DRML-Law.com <http://www.drml-law.com/>

NOTE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify Dan Crain at DanC@xxxxxxxxxxxx immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.