Strange Warning of BPA about mailbox rehoming issues.

  • From: "Yann" <yann.tiroa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:01:08 -0600

Hello Exchange Gurus,

I have a strange BPA warning while executing it on my e2k3 servers.
title: "Mailbox Enable User system policy change required" and this is the
link reported by BPA:

I did an in-place upgrade of my AD 2000 Domain to AD 2003 forest
functionnal Level. I have an E2k3 Organisation with half servers in e2k3
BPA advices me to change the filter of the purpotedsearch attribute to the
one specified in the article above.

When i execute BPA on an other fresh installed AD 2003 Forest(not an
in-place upgrade) with an e2k3 Org, the warning does not appear !!??

What is the fonction of the purportedSearch attribute ? I thought that RUS
only updates/applies recipient policies configured in the "recipient
policies" container at the Org. level ....

Can I safely change my filter to the one adviced by BPA ?

Thanks for all your technical input on this thread :)