RE: Strange Problem on my Win2k svr

  • From: tony haber <habre_tony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:07:38 -0800 (PST)

hi all:

i face one time same problem with win2k :

1-you cant close event viewer .
2-NIC card disappear from the network properties.
3-if you make copy and try to past you cant .

 When you restart the server it works for some time .

This was caused from alot of viruses stay on your server for long time ,
i advise you to install AV (Norton Corporate Edition ) --> scan your server
-->and use the removing tool from its site .

take care to take backup for your system state and data.

Good  luck

Tony Haber

System Eng.
Brian Parker <bparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/

1. Make sure you have your event logs set to overwrite as required. The
symptoms you describe are hanging through the sheer size of the logs,
and the default (overwrite events older than 7 days) can become unwieldy
if you are logging events continuously.

HTH

Regards

Brian Parker