[ExchangeList] Strange Error

  • From: John B <brookboyz1403@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ExchangeSparklist <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "MSExchange.org" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:31:13 -0800 (PST)

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Env: Exchange 2K3
Cluster server 100 mailboxes

All,

We are experiencing a strange issue with it seems one user in our org.  Once in
a while he'll get an error when trying to send to a person on the same server
he's on.  Error below.  These errors come at random times.  I've tried to check
in the app log and I can't find anything that shows me an error occurred at the
time of the attempted email transmission.  The only weird thing is that these
two users reside on the same server, same mail store.

      End User on
10/25/2006 7:31 AM
            The message could not be delivered because the
recipient's
destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the
address
and try again, or contact your system administrator to
verify
connectivity to the email system of the
recipient.
            <domain name #5.1.2>