Stores Compressed :(

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:41:35 -0400

I just found out that the drive our Exchange 2k server is on is
compressed.  What is the best method for decompressing them?

My first thought was to just move the store to an area on the same drive
that is not compressed using the same procedures that would be used to
move the store to a different drive.   Will this move the store from a
compressed state to an uncompressed state?

If I move the store on a 500mhz machine and the store is 12gb, how long
will that take (estimate).

The only other option is to shut down all the exchange services and then
uncheck the compression option for files.   In this case when I fire up
exchange post decompression are there any potential problems?

Has anybody ever decompressed a 12gb file?  How long would that take?

Thanks for any info