RE: Store.exe and memory[Scanned]

  • From: "simon whale" <swhale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:59:44 +0100

Had a look on and got the following

Hope this helps you out

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Bound [mailto:simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 23 July 2004 16:21
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Store.exe and memory[Scanned]

I have a new SBS 2K3 Dell PE server with 1 gb RAM, running F&P services
and Exchange 2003 - fully patched. Exchange Store.exe hangs up and
latterly produces the event id: 9582. I've trawled the web and 9582 is
mentioned a lot ! I have come to the conclusion that I don't need the
switch (with only 1gb RAM - I've tried it with and without the switch).
When I monitor Store.exe the Mem usage climbs everytime someone uses
Outlook or OWA or Veritas 9.1 backs up etc but the resource is NEVER
released - the word is that other resources will grap the ram back if
needed, but of course Mem usage in Store.exe just keeps growing. 9582
errors have apprently been almost eliminated in E2K3. This server is
sod all really (10 users) other than E2K3 and it's starting to do my
in. Has anyone any pointers before I revert to using VPOP3 to keep the
from firing me.....There's something in the back of my head that's
it is an intrinsic issue with the Dell 2660 and SBS 2003 but I am as yet
unwilling to go the MS and part with money to address the problem.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site:
Network Security Library:

you have received this email in error please notify admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of UK Data IT

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by SOPHOS AV
for the presence of computer viruses.

Web site: