Standard to Enterprise (Beam me up?)

  • From: "it" <it@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:27:29 +0200

Getting close to our 16 GB Limit (I cannae hold her, captain!) and would
like to look at a Front/Back end solution (The Shields are at maximum,
captain!)
Knowing Exchange 2000 as I do (don't....?), I assume "upgrading"  to
Enterprise involves reinstalling and restoring and generally jumping
through hoops and KB articles and spending a number of weekends and
evenings at work (for a change?) even though MS says you merely have to
"click the reinstall button". Perhaps I'm wrong....?

Has anyone any experience of this "upgrade"? All I have read says that
it should install over the top and mailboxes etc should be fine, but I'd
value the opinion, experience and knowledge of the group (some of us
do!) before going ahead. We are running SP2.

So,......before I put on my red shirt.............any thoughts?
Thanks
George