Stalled Mail

  • From: "Marc A. Mapplebeck, MCP/MCDST/N+/A+" <mmapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:12:34 -0600

Hi there, I seem to be having a problem ever since we changed our internet
account over. We used to be using a PPPoE connection through our router as
to avoid problems with ISA trying to deal with a dynamic IP. However,
since we changed this evening, my mail will not go outside the local
network. Our ISP was enforcing port 25 filtering which was removed when we
switched to a static circuit(before this, we were relaying mail through
their SMTP server). Any outbound mail is now getting hung up in the SMTP
connector. I pull up the connector which has status of retry and find
messages. They all say queued with a 0 count on the failures, so this
tells me that there is no connection to the receiving SMTP server, my logs
show nothing useful. I can however, telnet into other SMTP servers outside
our network, that tells me that our ISA server is not filtering out the
SMTP connection. I seem to have run out of ideas at this time, probably
forgetting the most basic of things at this point, maybe this is either
telling me it's time to go to bed and deal with it tomorrow, or to just
put another pot of coffee on. Any help would be appreciated. TIA - Marc

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
-"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act." - George Orwell, 1984
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Marc A. Mapplebeck, MCP/MCDST/N+/A+
IT Manager, City Animal Hospital Ltd.
Owner, Shutterbug Productions & Consulting
MCP#: 3146827
CompTIA#: COMP001002835054
mmapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx
Administrator@xxxxxxxxx
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
P: 506-471-7044
W: 506-458-9223
F: 435-417-1662
ICQ: 26743793
Yahoo!: mmapplebeck
MSN: mmapplebeck@xxxxxxxxxx

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
This e-mail communication (including any or all attachments) is intended
only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, any use, review, retransmission,
distribution, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this e-mail, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete
the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof,
immediately. Your co-operation is appreciated.

Le présent courriel (y compris toute pièce jointe) s'adresse uniquement à
son destinataire, qu'il soit une personne ou un organisme, et pourrait
comporter des renseignements privilégiés ou confidentiels. Si vous n'êtes
pas le destinataire du courriel, il est interdit d'utiliser, de revoir, de
retransmettre, de distribuer, de disséminer, de copier ou d'imprimer ce
courriel, d'agir en vous y fiant ou de vous en servir de toute autre
façon. Si vous avez reçu le présent courriel par erreur, prière de
communiquer avec l'expéditeur et d'éliminer l'original du courriel, ainsi
que toute copie électronique ou imprimée de celui-ci, immédiatement. Nous
sommes reconnaissants de votre collaboration.