RE: Split Personal PST File

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:56:52 -0500

I have found that the Exchng32.exe application is the easiest way to split a
PST file.  In outlook, you have to create a new PST and can copy only one
directory at a time.  With Exchng32.exe, you can copy as many files as you
would like into a new PST at one time.  This will save you from having to
sit there and monitor the whole copy process.  Remember, after you copy the
files to a new PST, you will have to delete the old ones from the original
(after testing the new .PST file) and then run the 'Compact Now' option to
reduce the size of the original.

Chris