Re: Split AD and Exchange2003

  • From: "Yann" <yann.tiroa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:56:56 -0600

Hello ;)

My opinion is to desinstall e2k3 on your DC and reinstall it on the new
machine, I think it will be the best and simple way to avoid problems.
Note that during this operation, no one could connect to their mailboxes
;-). So do it out of business.

If You had one machine for AD 2k3 AND one machine for your e2k3, and for
hardware failure you need to change your e2k3 to a new machine with the
same name, then there is a particular procedure you have to follow such as
reset e2k3 old machine, and do a /disasterrecovery on the new e2k3
machine.

But in your case, e2k3 and AD is on the same machine, do do a simple
uninstall of you exchange.

Regards,

Yann