RE: Spam:RE: Spam:Backing up Exchange Server

  • From: "Andy David" <adavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:09:15 -0400

Not supported or approved? Crap, Microsoft is gonna have to dump all those
DR recovery KBs and whitepapers!
 

-----Original Message-----
From: John Tolmachoff (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 7:10 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Spam:RE: Spam:Backing up Exchange Server

http://www.MSExchange.org/

NO!

That is not an approved, supported, suggested or wise way to backup
Exchange!

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dan Morentin [mailto:DanM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 1:57 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Spam:RE: Spam:Backing up Exchange Server
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> You can manually stop the services and backup the .edb's.........
> 
> 
> 
> PERFORMANCE MATERIALS CORPORATION
> Dan Morentin
> Network Administrator
> 805-482-1722 x231
> cell: 818-445-7834
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dan Morentin
> Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:43 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: Spam:[exchangelist] RE: Spam:Backing up Exchange Server
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> NO you must have an agent to do this.
> 
> PERFORMANCE MATERIALS CORPORATION
> Dan Morentin
> Network Administrator
> 805-482-1722 x231
> cell: 818-445-7834
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ryan Sabir [mailto:ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 22:07 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: Spam:[exchangelist] Backing up Exchange Server
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> Just starting to look at getting an Exchange server in our 
> organization. What different backup options are there for Exchange 
> Server?
> 
> We are using Veritas Backup Exec at the moment, but don't have the 
> Exchange Agent option... Is there a way to get Exchange to dump its 
> whole database to a file every night, and back that up?
> 
> The documentation I can find on the MS site deals with using the 
> Backup Utility to make backups of the server, which I don't really 
> want to do, because then I'll have 2 different types of backup to 
> manage.
> 
> thanks, bye!
> 
> -----------------------
> Ryan Sabir
> Newgency Pty Ltd
> 2a Broughton St
> Paddington 2021
> Sydney, Australia
> Ph (02) 9331 2133
> Fax (02) 9331 5199
> Mobile: 0411 512 454
> http://www.newgency.com/index.cfm?referer=rysig
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading 
> Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows 
> Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network 
> Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax 
> Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> danm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading 
> Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows 
> Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network 
> Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax 
> Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> danm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading 
> Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows 
> Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network 
> Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax 
> Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
------------------------------------------------------
Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading
Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security
Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library:
http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
------------------------------------------------------
You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
adavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx





Other related posts: