RE: Spam:RE: Incoming mail fast....Outgoing Slowwwwwwww w

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:20:24 -0700

There is no such thing as the only way. What works great for you may work so
so or not at all for others. Personally, I trialed Mail Essentials on one of
my client's Exchange server, and I did not like it. Maybe I am spoiled with
all the flexibility I have in what I use already.

The configuration I use for my server and clients probably works just as
well (dare I say better) as GFI Mail Essentials does for you.

What is important as you stated is you absolutely have to have something
scanning the incoming messages for both spam and viruses, and potentially
malicious content would be a benefit as well.

Personally, I do not recommend Mail Essentials only because it did not work
for me. However, I will not talk against it either. In fact, the only
software I will talk against is one made by a vendor with Sun and belt in
their name. (Did you catch the Consumers Reports article on client side
anti-spam software? Of the products tested, theirs came in last!)

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dan Morentin [mailto:DanM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 2:28 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Spam:RE: Incoming mail fast....Outgoing
Slowwwwwwww
> w
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> GFI Mail essentials is really the only way to eliminate spam from reaching
your mail
> servers. 100 users 500.00! what do you consider expensive when it comes to
securing
> your network? 40% doesn't sound like a solution. Im not a salesperson. I
am a
> network consultant who depends on results! GFI has solved these types of
problems
> in the networks I manage. Don't let any get to your mail servers!
> 
> Dan Morentin
> Network Administrator
> danm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Jesse [mailto:jjesse@xxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 08:45 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: Spam:[exchangelist] RE: Incoming mail fast....Outgoing
Slowwwwwwww w
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> I echo that, best $100 we spent as well...  We were fighting a ton of spam
each day
> through a desktop product and a product on the server.  ORF is great,
including the
> ability to sync with AD so it will block anyone whose name isn't in the
list.  When we
> installed the product it cut off 40% of our email which was spam, the rest
our other
> product on the server checks the 60% and stops any that it misses.  One of
the
> biggest problems is that a lot of the comacst.net servers are blocked by
one of the
> blacklists so you have to be careful if you have a lot of external mail
coming from
> here.
> 
> Jonathan Jesse
> MCSA, Network+
> A+, Linux+
> Network Specialist
> Founders Trust Personal Bank
> www.ftpb.com
> 
> This page and any accompanying documents contain confidential information
intended
> for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
information
> contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited.
If you received
> this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and
destroy the
> material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lara, Greg [mailto:GLara@xxxxxxx]
> Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:50 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Incoming mail fast....Outgoing Slowwwwwwww w
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> That looks like a nice solution, and cheap.
> 
> 
> Greg Lara
> 
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------
> This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or
proprietary
> information intended only for the person(s) named. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please destroy this message, and any attachments, and
> notify the sender by return e-mail. If you are not the intended
> recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Liddekee [mailto:mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:37 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Incoming mail fast....Outgoing Slowwwwwwww w
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> We purchased ORF (http://www.vamsoft.com).  Best $100 we've ever spent.
> 
> 
> Regards,
> Mike Liddekee
> Network Engineer
> 
> Humco Holding Group, Inc.
> 7400 Alumax Dr.
> Texarkana, TX  75501
> Ph:  (903) 831-7808 ext 697
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> jjesse@xxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> danm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Other related posts: