RE: Spam:Backing up Exchange Server

  • From: "Dan Morentin" <DanM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:42:33 -0700

NO you must have an agent to do this.

Dan Morentin
Network Administrator
805-482-1722 x231
cell: 818-445-7834

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Sabir [mailto:ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 22:07 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: Spam:[exchangelist] Backing up Exchange Server

Hi all,

Just starting to look at getting an Exchange server in our
organization. What different backup options are there for Exchange

We are using Veritas Backup Exec at the moment, but don't have the
Exchange Agent option... Is there a way to get Exchange to dump its
whole database to a file every night, and back that up?

The documentation I can find on the MS site deals with using the
Backup Utility to make backups of the server, which I don't really
want to do, because then I'll have 2 different types of backup to

thanks, bye!

Ryan Sabir
Newgency Pty Ltd
2a Broughton St