RE: Some daily maintenance for Exchange

  • From: "Tariq Bin Azad" <tariq.bin.azad@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:34:19 -0500

MessageGuys:

I am using following batch file in my environment to automatically reboot
exchange 2000 server.  I want to clear my all log files before reboot.  Any
idea???

Thank You,

REM Exchshut.bat
REM Rebooting Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
MSG * Please logoff for automated weekly shutdown of Exchange 2000 Server in 60
seconds!
REM Delay for users to logoff
Sleep 60
REM Stopping Microsoft Exchange 2000 services
MSG * If you do not wish to continue please press CTRL-C within 30 seconds!
REM Delay for CTRL-C
Sleep 30
NET STOP "Microsoft Exchange Event Service"
NET STOP "Microsoft Exchange Connector for POP3 Mailboxes"
NET STOP "Microsoft Exchange Information Store"
NET STOP "Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent"
NET STOP "Microsoft Exchange Directory"
NET STOP "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant"
MSG * Server will automatically Reboot in 30 Seconds, Log off now!
Sleep 30
shutdown /L /C /R
exit