Soka|smtp by user/group

  • From: "Robert Lawson" <rlawson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:57:47 -0800

Hello All,

A group of users would like to use a software package that sends email using
smtp.  I am looking for a way to enable smtp mail for this group of users.
Today we only allow specific servers by IP to relay smtp, and we do not want to
be adding user IP addresses for security reasons and we use DHCP.

 There is a feature for SMTP under "Relay Restrictions" tab: "Grant or deny
permissions to specific users or groups" which sounds like what we'd like to
use: allow SMTP by user or group.   However, to do this you have to uncheck the
"Allow all computer which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the
above list".  Has anyone made these changes successfully to allow SMTP by user?

 The software is Recruitment Management from dragonflyathletics.com.  We are an
Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise shop.  1FE/2BE configuration.

Thanks, Robert

Robert Lawson

Senior Database Administrator/email administrator

Soka University of America

1 University Drive

Aliso Viejo, CA. 92656

main: 949.480.4000 fax: 949.480.4258