Soka|OWA 2003|Change Password feature

  • From: "Robert Lawson" <rlawson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:09:17 -0800

Hello All,

We are looking at the OWA 2003 "Change Password" feature for our production
environment.   The odd thing is it allows "User A" to change the password of
"User B", if "User B"'s password is known by "User A".  This seems to be a
security loophole we don't want to open.  Is anyone using the "Change Password"
feature that can share their experiences?

  We are Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise shop.  1FE/2BE configuration.

Thanks, Robert

Robert Lawson

Senior Database Administrator/email administrator

Soka University of America

1 University Drive

Aliso Viejo, CA. 92656  USA

main: 949.480.4000 fax: 949.480.4258