RE: Soka|OWA 2003 & authentication

  • From: "Robert Lawson" <rlawson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 07:21:41 -0700

Steve,
   Thanks for info.  I only need authentication encrypted.  I'd like to use the
FBA, but it forces me to assume the added overhead of SSL, for what appears to
be an Exchange shortcoming: basic authentication for FE/BE.
   Also I had hoped the Exchange FE server would help balance the workload.
Other than do "single name space" and authentication, it seems to do little
else.
  If I'm going to complicate my design with a FE server, looks like an ISA
server would give my Exchange servers better protection from Internet maladies,
yet I don't know this for fact yet.
Thanks, Robert