RE: Soka|OWA 2003 & authentication

  • From: "Wright, Steve" <SteveW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:25:30 -0500

We have the following configuration:
Front-End/Back-End Setup
Exchange 2003 SP1 Active/Passive Cluster for the BackEnd attached to DELL/EMC
SAN
Single Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-End
ISA 2004 Enterprise Edition Array (3-Leg template)

We use basic authentication which isn't secure but we compensate with SSL. I'm
still torn whether i should turn FBA on. It's just 2 checkboxes.
I don't like the cookie aspect, but I like the fact that you authenticate at
the firewall and not at the mail servers.