RE: Soka|Exchange & Cisco's Unity voicemail

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:41:52 -0400

I've installed a couple of dozen integrations between Unity and
Exchange.

Unity uses an email system (whether it's Exchange or Domino) as a
message store. You cannot have a Unity subscriber without a mailbox.

If Exchange is down, Unity places messages into the local filesystem
until Exchange comes back up.

Now, the various permutations get a little weird, depending on whether
you are doing Unified Messaging or Voice-Mail Only.

However, while there is a compatibility matrix, there is no inherent
requirement that both pieces of software be upgraded at the same time.