RE: Smtp Message Screener

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:04:11 -0600

Hi Brajesh,
Yes, its possible. You can install the SMTP Message Screener on the ISA
firewall and it will apply the filters you configure for both inbound
and outbound mail. The key is to configure the relay configuration to
make sure that it is not open, and that only the appropriate machines
and perform outbound relay, and only the appropriate domains are allowed
for inbound relay.
I've doc'd the procedure in details for ISA 2004, and I think I may have
doc'd it in ISA 2000 in the ISA Server 2000 Exchange 2000/2003
Deployment Kit, which you can find on the Web site.
Thomas W Shinder <>
ISA 2004 Beta - Get it now!
ISA Server and Beyond:
Configuring ISA Server: