RE: Smart Host

  • From: Mark Meelhuysen <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 11:45:42 +0100

Just open your system manager of exchange.
Expand Servers
Expand [servername]
Expand protocols
Expand SMTP
select Default smtp virtual server and right click it
select prperties
go to tab Delivery
go to advanced
There you can enter the smarthost
When you enter an hostname you can just enter it, when you use an ip you have
to enclose that wit "[]"ie. [123.456.789.123]

Normally you use the smarthost of your internet service provider...