Small Business Server 2003 and the pop3 connector

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:50:22 -0000

I have a server with Small Business Server 2003. This has Exchange 2003
with the Pop3 connector.

Mail is collected via pop3 and works fine unless distribution groups are
involved. I've tested it by sending an email directly to one of the
users, this works fine. If however I send the same email to a
distribution group that contains this user the pop3 connector downloads
the email but puts in a designated email box and logs an event to the
effect that it couldn't delivery it.

There is a mechanism to get around this as you can add a routing rule to
look for the name of the distribution group and place the email in a
chosen mailbox. But what happens if there is more than one user who is
part of
the distribution group? Surely I don't have to setup a dummy mailbox and
then put a forwarding rule internally to send it to the intended

Am I missing something or do I need to use another pop3 to exchange