RE: Slowing down Windows 2003 Server shutting down after installation of Exchange Server 2003

  • From: "Henrik Walther" <henrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:13:41 +0100

Hello Andrey,

Are these Exchange Server also running as Domain Controllers ?

If yes that may very well be the case, and is in fact a pretty well known issue.

Its caused by DSAccess which needs to time out, as it can't contact lsass.exe,
as lsass.exe is shutting down as one of the first services.

You can solve this delay problem by stopping the Exchange services manually
before shutting down the server, could be done by creating a .bat file.

Best Regards
Henrik Walther