RE: Slow opening email with attachments

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:10:37 -0400

I've found a couple of sources for this problem. One is that when a mailbox
has been moved to a new server, the anti-virus agent must scan new (new to
the database, that is) attachments, and if they haven't already been scanned
in the background, they'll be scanned as they're accessed. This can cause
the delay you describe.

Second, it could be a profile problem. Delete the existing profile and
create a new one.

Greg Lara