Slow exchange access...

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

I had to give access to my exchange server for users from different IP subnet
(LAN 1). The traffic has to cross the firewall to reach the exchange server.
Users from LAN1 are able to access mailbox, however the problem is access is
very slow. What is causing the delay? It is just another Ethernet LAN , will
firewall introduce so much delay??

Users on exchange server LAN do not have any problem.

 I use exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003

Please let me know what can be done to avoid this delay.

Praveen R

Do you Yahoo!?