[ExchangeList] Slightly OT: Offline password in outlook

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:40:50 -0500

Hi all,

When a user brings up Outlook 2003 on their notebook or desktop and they happen not to be connected to the Exchange server, then Outllok will go into offline mode (assuming "Cached" is enabled).  This will work from the OST file as I understand it.  Is it possible to password protect the OST file so that even in offline mode, it prompts for a password?  This way if someone gets access to my desktop or notebook then they still won't be able to read my email folders in offline mode.

Currently, if I go into offline mode, Outlook displays all my email etc. without any password prompt.

TIA!

JW