Re: Size of database seems to be really large for Number of users

  • From: Byron Kendrick <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:30:49 -0600

Thanks for the information.  I just did an off line defrag and reduced the
size of the database from 23GB to 12 GB.  It must have been pretty "fluffy".
I am sure there are a lot of duplicated messages out there.  I feel a little
better about this now but wish there was some way to either remove the
excess copies and put them back to a single instance or get people to store
there attachments on there home directories if they have to keep a copy.

Byron Kendrick