Site Replication Services

  • From: "Tariq Bin Azad" <tariq.bin.azad@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:10:31 -0500

I have few questions regarding Site Replication services.  I will appreciate if
some body can shed a light on it.

Question 1:
We have 42 exchange 5.5 sites.  (Boston, Chicago, New York and .... ) Do you
think that it is a good idea to keep SRS
service running in a site even if I have no more Exchange 5.5 server in a site?
Keep in mind that my organization
is in coexistence mode and I have Exchange 5.5 servers running in other sites.

Boston site is converted from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. All mailboxes and
public folders are on Exchange
2000 server.  There is no Exchange 5.5 server running in a Boston site.  There
are Exchange 5.5 servers in an
Exchange Organization but all these servers are in other sites. Do I still want
to keep SRS services in a Boston

Question 2:
My Boston site is converted into an Exchange 2000 site.  There is no Exchange
5.5 server in a Boston site.  My
organization is in a coexistence mode.  There are other Exchange 5.5 servers in
my organization.  What should I do
with my ADC connector with Boston site?  Should I delete it? Disable it? Set
replication to never? Or leave it as
it was before?

Question 3:
If I create any user in a Boston site (Exchange 2000 Site with SRS service
disabled), that user is not appearing in
GAL of Exchange 5.5 server. My exchange 5.5 users cannot see this new Exchange
2000 user whose mailbox is created on Boston Exchange 2000 server. Any idea,

Question 4:
We have 42 Exchange 5.5 site.  I am converting one site at a time.  Is this a
normal scenario to have a SRS running
in each site in a mixed mode environment?

Question 5:
Do you have a good technical document links about role of SRS server in a one
organization scenario with multiple
sites? Could you please send me some links?

Question 6:
To apply service pack 3 what should be the order? Am I suppose to apply service
pack 2 first and then service
pack 3 or can I still apply service pack 3 directly without installing service
pack 2.

Please let me know.

Thank you,

JPEG image