[ExchangeList] Re: Simplied OWA URL after deployment and SSL cert procured

  • From: Chris Buechler <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:57:42 -0500

-------------------------------------------------------Danny wrote:
The new CEO wants: example.com/mail

Problem is, the SSL cert was purchased when OWA was implemented.
Could I just CNAME example.ca to mail.example.com and tell ISA to
accept that path?

I'd just set up a redirect on http://example.com/mail to send you to https://mail.example.com/exchange

The SSL cert is tied to the server name, and I doubt if your certificate authority will re-issue that cert with a different host name (I might be wrong though, it's worth a shot). If you change the name of the server, the current certificate will always give people a warning in their browser when they connect ("site name doesn't match site certificate"), which will generate support requests and/or confuse users. Both things you want to avoid, which is why I'd recommend the easy solution of setting up a redirect.

List Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/exchangelist/ MSExchange Newsletter: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/ MSExchange Blogs: http://blogs.msexchange.org/ -------------------------------------------------------