RE: Shutdown Exchange Database

  • From: "Mahmoud Amin Ismail" <mahmoud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:44:52 +0200

More than adequate.

-----Original Message-----
From: rolamohammed [mailto:rolamohammed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:22 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Shutdown Exchange Database

Dear All,

today, we are going to shutdow all the servers in our company, because
the Electricity is going to shutdown for 2 days.

Now, i need to know what if the procedures which i will follow it to
shutdown the server is correct or not ? if not what is the correct ?

1- First Take a full Online backup from Exchange server & System state
of the
server .

2- Dismount the mailbox store .
3- take an offline backup from the exchange server Database ( Priv1.edb
Priv1.stm ).

4- take a copy from the log file.

5- shutdown the server.

is that correct ?