RE: Shrinking Mail Store

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:49:59 +0930

If an item is copied out of the store and then back in it will lose the
possibility of single instance storage. If you just want to take stuff
out - permanently - no problem.

Removing duplicates? That could be a problem - unless there is a
particular field in the duplicates that is the same for all of them and
none of the messages you wish to keep. You could then use exmerge on
that field to get rid of them (ie. Date\time). Else you're looking and
scripting or manual removal. Don't actually know of a script to do it
though sorry.

But again remember that the size of the priv.edb file on disk is the
filesize not the data size. Check the app log on your exchange server
for a message from ESE stating how much free space there is in the DB.