[ExchangeList] Re: Sharing SMTP namespace

  • From: "Simon Butler" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 20:52:54 -0000

The messages will queue and Exchange will try to send them.
Once you "fix" the problem (that you caused) Exchange will then deliver
the messages again. It may take a few minutes before Exchange notices
that the problem has been resolved, but it will send them on eventually.

I wouldn't leave it broken for too long, just in case something comes
in. If the message flow is high enough then it shouldn't take very long
to spot the accounts. As you move them simply repeat the process over a
number of days until the queue is clear for a couple of hours. Anything
left then shouldn't really matter.

Simon.