[ExchangeList] Re: Sharing SMTP namespace

  • From: "Jon Spriggs" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:55:07 +0000

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I'm not hugely
knowledgeable about Exchange (part of the reason I
joined this list), but from a Unix perspective, probably the easiest
thing to do would be to setup a cron job on the sendmail servers to
mail you the rotated logs on a daily basis. This should be fairly easy
to setup. I'll see if anyone suggests an exchange way of doing it
easier, and if not, I'll knock together a small script for you.

Regards,

Jon

On 1/3/07, Frank <fhardwic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Our enterprise hosts 185 SMTP domains, including a few that that belong to
companies acquired over the past couple of years.  We've implemented the
SMTP domain namespace sharing as referenced in this kb article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721 with good success.
My challenge is, now that we are folding these all into one centralized
cluster, I need to be able to see what mail is still be routed out through
the SMTP connectors to the legacy sendmail servers.  The sendmail admins are
no longer with the company, so looking at those logs will be dificult at
best.  I need to be able to see, on the Exchange 2000/2003 side, what emails
are being routed to those downstream hosts.

Suggestions?
Frank Hardwick
Enterprise Messaging

http://mail.yahoo.com