Shared Hosting with Exchange 2003 (Part 1)

  • From: "Ola One" <ola_atb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:28:26 -0500

Hello all,

I have gone through the link below to setup additional domain on my exchange.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Shared_Hosting_Exchange_2003_Part1.html

My situation is a little different. I have my Exchange server in Washington D.C. I am planning on giving POP3 access or OWA to some users in Africa. Because of the telecoms infrastructure in the area, they are not linked to my network in any way. All these people in Africa (50 of them) are representative of the two domains that I have setup on my exchange. The Exchange is for all employees, but it resides in Washington. The second domain as a matter of fact is only for the African employees.

All 50 employees in Africa are Domain Users on my Machine. I need for them to get mail from both domains that are setup on my Server. Do they need to have to login to any particular domain in order to be able to use their emails effectively? If they sign into ABC.com and try to send email, will they have the option of reply to address. Or is this going to be a mess?

I hope you all understand what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance.