Setup fails when installing OWA.

  • From: "ruifrazao" <Rui.Oliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:14:54 -0600

We have an installation of  Exchange Server 5.5 in a
Windows 2000 Server, and we are installing the Outlook Web
Access (from Exchange Server 5.5) in other Windows 2000
Server.

And setup fails when installing Outlook Web Access.
When running the Microsoft Exchange Server Setup program
to install the Outlook Web Access (OWA) component, you may
receive the following error:

"The command lodctr ewsperf.ini" failed, returning a code
of <6>"

 "Processing file E:\server\eng\setup\i386\webcon.ins, at
or near line 9.
Microsoft Windows NT no: 0xc002002"

This error is solved for Windows NT 4.0 Server in article
KB173509.
CAUSE: This error occurs because Active Server Pages (ASP)
is not installed on the server.
RESOLUTION: From the Windows NT Service Pack 3 compact
disk, run IIS30\ASP\i386\ASP.EXE to install ASP and then
install OWA.

Anybody know a solution for Windows 2000?

Thanks & Regards,
Rui Oliveira