RE: Setup Exchange 2000 Multidomain envirenments

  • From: "Hirantha Wijayawardena" <hirantha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 03:01:06 -0600

Dear expertise,

Our company has assigned me a task to integrate our sub-company?s mail
system with main company. In present we are running at my place (main
company - company A ? companya.com) ? exchange 2000 SP4 mail server. I
have to setup another exchange server at sub-company (Company B ?
companyb.com). These 2 companies are physically in 2 locations (nearby). 2
companies are connected by fiber optical cable and it will inter-connect
to our internal switches ? different subnets, company A ? 10.1.1.x &
company B ? 192.168.128.x.

Our requirements are:
Company A must have to access Company B?s Global address List.
Company B must have access to Company A?s Global Address list
Company A user must capable of logon to Company A Domain in Company B?s
network
Company B user must capable of logon to Company B Domain in Company A?s
network

My deployment is:
Placing the Domain Controllers - Place companyb.com domain tree in
companya.com forest
Create a new administrative group & routing group before Install E2K
server in company B E2K server
Company A Domain Controller is the Catalog Server & 1st domain controller
in the forest.

My question is: can I achieve my objectives in this type of deployment.
Please give me your suggestions/comments to guide to the correct direction
to accomplish on my task

Thanks in advance,
- Hirantha